How many hair products do you have in your bathroom cabinets, on the edges of the bath or shower, on top of your dresser and in your purse? If you are like most other women on the planet, you have far too many hair products and only use a small percentage of the products that you have ever bought. When, truly, all you need is the 10 best hair products for women that are listed below.
So, read through this list and get ready to grab the trash can and clean out your bathroom, bedroom and purse to eliminate all of the excess hair product baggage that you are keeping. Are you ready for the 7 must-have hair products for women? Here we go…
7. Shampoo & Conditioner – Here is the problem with narrowing down shampoo and conditioner to two products. Not all shampoo and conditioner products are one-size-fits- all, however everyone needs to find the perfect shampoo and conditioner to fit their hair type. Ladies who have dry hair from coloring and heat will love Shu Uemura Full Shimmer Illuminating Shampoo ($48) and the matching Conditioner ($58), which has amazing moisturizing properties. If your budget can’t reach that high, try Head and Shoulders Itchy Scalp Care Shampoo ($5.99) and Conditioner ($5.99) – that eucalyptus and menthol fragrance will awaken your senses in the morning!
Choose the right shampoo for:
6. Dry Shampoo – Of course, no woman is going to admit that they don’t wash their hair every day, but the truth is that most hair types actually do not need a daily washing. For people with finer hair, though, this could mean greasy roots and oily smelling hair. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo ($4.99) will quickly eliminate the oil in your hair, while adding the volume that grease can weigh down.
5. Leave-In Conditioner – Most women tend to skip this step, because, after all, you are already conditioning your hair after you wash it. But, if you ask the experts, they will tell you that leave-in conditioner is a crucial step that you should never skip, especially if you still have tangles in your hair when you comb it after the shower. A leave-in conditioner like Aussie Mousse + Leave-In Conditioner ($4.99) will keep your hair hydrated, add volume to your hair and make it super soft.
4. Hair Oil – This is yet another product that most women shy away from, unless they have thick, lustrous or curly hair. Even women who have the finest, baby soft hair need a little bit of oil to defrizz the ends and keep them polished. Try Couture Colour Pequi Oil ($12) to provide your hair with a glistening shine – and it will also refresh your hairstyle during the day and add healing properties to damaged ends.
3. Brushes – The Denman Groomin Brush with Natural Boar Bristles & Nylon Pins ($15.99) is an economically priced boar bristle brush, because it blends a combination of boar and nylon bristles. With this tool, you can style the most perfect, chic ponytails and voluminous, full waves. You will also want a quality ceramic round brush, such as the X5 Superlite Thermal Round Bursh ($8.99) to use while blow-drying, which can eliminate the flat-iron and curling iron step, when used properly, reducing the heat exposure to your hair.
2. Heat Styling Products – Part of your hair care entourage should include a salon-quality blow dryer, a multiuse flat iron, and a 1 to 1 ½ inch curling iron. When you heat-style your hair, you want to use products that will do the least damage possible while still giving you quality heat styling. For the blow dryer, we recommend the Barbar Ceramic ECO 8000 Blow Dryer ($99.99), as it is eco-friendly, strong and – (we love this!) silent!
1. Hairspray – No matter what type of hair you have, which style you choose to wear and where you are going, hairspray should always be the final product that you put on your hair. Try the White Sands Infinity Hairspray ($20.99) and find a smaller, travel sized bottle so you can tuck it in your purse. The lightweight, flexible hold that this hairspray offers will not weigh down your hair or make it sticky, whether you have your hair in a funky upswept-do, or incredible, bouncy waves.